Covers of model 502 is used after amputation of shank. It is intended for softening the impact of the walls of the receiving sockets of the prosthesis on the lower limbs stump and ensures reliable connection with the receiving sleeve and the bearing module due to a special lock.
The covers are fixed in a tubular lock with a locking pin. Due to the hardening of the silicone cover in the distal area of 100 mm, stretching in the lower part of the receiving sleeve can be minimized, while the stretching effect in the radial direction is negligible.
Structure and materials of manufacture
The cover is made of silicone gel, with knitted outer layer and inner reinforced matrix. The cover ensures high coefficient of adhesion. This makes it possible to obtain stationary adhesion with skin surface. This effect eliminates skin friction in the socket of the prosthesis and protects it from possible damage.
Elastic properties of the silicone cover ensure dense and uniform coating and grasp of the stump along its entire surface.
Rules for putting the cover on
- Twist the case inside out and hold it (the inner surface of the cover must be clean and dry).
- Place the bottom of the twisted cover to the end of the stump so that its center matches the center of the end of the stump, and start unrolling the cover.
- The cover should be unrolled upwards, being slightly pressed, in order to avoid air pockets.
- Unroll gently, be careful not to damage the cover with nails and the connecting rod; it is advisable to put the safety cap on the rod.
- When the cover is used without textile covering material, a fabric stocking should be put above it in order to facilitate inserting the stump with the cover into the receiving socket of the prosthesis, to prevent damage to the cover.
The cover should be washed inside and outside (if the cover is not covered with textile material). Twist the cover inside out and wash it with PH-neutral soap. After washing, thoroughly rinse the cover with water and wipe dry with cloth that does not contain plumy fibers. After washing, immediately twist the cover into the normal position, connecting pin out. The cover may be used immediately after washing.
If You are not using the cover, always insert a foam insert (if supplied) inside, since during long-term storage without the insert, the cover may develop folds and creases. Covers should be kept in horizontal position, flattened, in the packaging bag, or in hanging position.